Guidelines to our UNIverse
No, this is not a manual on how to run the Universe. These are our community guidelines.
UNIverse is a free community for international students, researchers and affiliates who are either currently in the U.S. or intending to come here.
Our platform celebrates diverse voices and we want UNIverse to always be a safe, supportive and genuine community for all internationals. As such, here are some golden guidelines that we wish all members to take note of during the use of our site.
Please note: the opinions you read in UNIverse are those of our members, and do not necessarily reflect that of UNIcq’s. We do not offer any professional legal or medical advice through our posts. We encourage all our readers to double check information in posts, and to report any inaccuracies to us immediately.
1. Be truthful and transparent. If you have ties to a product/site you’re reviewing about, please state that upfront in your review/blogpost. Also, don’t impersonate others, give misleading information and please give credit where it’s due by linking to original sites, including for copyrighted images.
2. Be careful. We never, ever want anyone to get hurt, so please be cautious in revealing any personal details online or in contacting others offline. We want to ensure your safety, security and privacy.
3. Be kind. We’re your family away from home, so please treat each other with respect and kindness. We do not tolerate spam (pointless remarks or links unrelated to the site’s purpose), malicious comments or any kind of abuse that violates any obligation of confidentiality, or privacy, publicity, moral or any other right of any third party. Please keep our site a welcoming place for everyone by reporting inappropriate content or users.
4. Be appropriate. We are, and will always be, a family friendly site. We do not allow hate speech, nudity and sexually explicit material.
5. Be YOURSELF. We think everyone is unique (UNICQ, get it?) and we want to celebrate your individuality. Have fun sharing your opinions, contributing content and making new friends on our site. We also love to hear helpful feedback on how we’re doing, so help us improve by contacting us. Most importantly, if you know friends who would benefit from our community, share the good news!
Final note. UNIcq’s co-founders and team reserve the right to determine what constitutes inappropriate and unacceptable content on our site, including links to any external content. We will remove said content immediately and may, on a case-by case-basis, expel offending members from our community. We also reserve the right to change these standards at any time with no notice.
Remember, you can help us keep UNIcq a welcoming environment for all by clicking on the “Inappropriate” link at the bottom of every review/post and by contacting us if you feel that a member has been violating our guidelines. The UNIverse thanks you for your contribution.